Thank you for your portrait picture. I mailed a check to SarahPac, but I have an idea I want to outline in this letter.
The Tea Party needs a rally point and a leader. It appears to me, I am blind and 86 so it must be apparent, that the Tea Party has been handed an opportunity by the unwitting Democrats when they deny us a Constitutional Amendment to balance the budget.
Instead of the sequence prescribed in the Constitution for an amendment, why not have the T Pats write the amendment and ratify it in the State Houses before the debate in Congress?
1. It could be done 16 months before the 2012 election.
2. Using this idea as the keystone of your campaign, the American majority would rally around you as their leader and spokesperson.
3. The sticky point is the state ratification before the fact. I am sure that, with individual planning, each state could be made ready.
4. It would nationalize a slate for Congress, President and VP, and influence every State Legislature, so, if the Republican Party did not accept it and run with the idea, a third party would have its candidates and platform.
5. It would calm the rambunctious element of the Tea Part and assure a peaceful transition of government.
If this plan were to be implemented, I would love to give my third Tea Party in Blanco with you as the honored guest.
With all my support,