Dear Parents, Guardians and Students:
Blanco Elementary School faculty and staff extend a warm, “Welcome” for the 2011-2012 school year! Below is some information for this coming year; please take a minute to look it over:
• Friday, August 19 – Meet the Teachers/Open House – 5:30- 6:30 PM. You may bring your children and deliver their school supplies during “Meet the Teacher.”
• Monday, August 22 – First Day of School – Our doors open at 7:30 AM and you are welcome to bring your students at this time. Students may enter their classrooms at 7:45 AM but no earlier as the teachers may not be ready. School begins promptly at 8:00 AM and dismissal begins at 3:15 PM.
• Boohoo Breakfast – This is for kindergarten and pre-k students’ parents at 8:15 AM in the cafeteria. This event is hosted by Mrs. Patricia Mangold, school counselor.
• First Day Packets – The children will bring home this packet for parent review and signature. These are due back signed by September 1.
• Bus Riders – Buses will drop students off in front of the cafeteria, on 11th Street and they will be guided into the cafeteria.
• Car Riders – Pre-Kinder through 5th students should be dropped off and picked up at the circle drive (main parking lot) between central office and the school. It is important that you form one line only, in the lane closest to the curb. Do not exit this lane once you have dropped off your child because this is unsafe in the elementary car drop off environment. More instructions concerning drop off and pick up procedures will follow in the first day packets. Remember … It is against Texas law to be on your cell phones in a school zone. The fine is $200.00. We expect everyone to obey this law around our schools.
• Backpacks – Must be made of see-through material (mesh or clear).
• Flip Flops or Backless Shoes – For student safety reasons, we strongly recommend students not wear flip flops or sandals without heel straps. This is important daily to protect their feet on the playgrounds and around lots of other small feet. It is also extremely important on PE days when engaged in sports, games and exercise. If you have any questions, please call the elementary school office (830)833-4338. We hope you enjoy the rest of your summer, and we will see you at 8:00 am on August 22.
• Class Rosters – Will be posted Friday, August 19 at 4:30 PM on the entry doors by the office.
If you have any questions, please call the elementary school office at 830-833-4338. We hope you enjoy the rest of your summer, and we will see you at 8:00 AM on August 22.