Children and adults who want to explore their creative side this Spring can now sign up for painting and drawing classes to be held at Casa de Linda Art Studio, located above the New Braunfels Art League Gallery.
“In addition to my ongoing painting classes for ages 10 through adult, I have several other ‘art exploration’ options available now through May,” says Linda Calvert Jacobson, instructor. “This includes drawing and experimental painting classes for teens and adults and my popular ‘paint along’ classes for children ages 8-12. Plus, I’ll be offering a Spring Break Art Camp again this year.”
Jacobson, who lives north of Canyon Lake near Fischer, has been offering art classes from her Casa de Linda Art Studio since she opened in 2004. She had already been teaching basic painting classes at the New Braunfels Art League, where she is a member artist, for several months before renting a studio space of her own. She has also taught art through the Texas Lutheran University Extended Learning Program, in public schools and privately off and on for more than more than 30 years. Jacobson also taught communication studies, journalism, digital design and English at the university level for eight years.
“I have a passion for art but I also have a passion for teaching,” Jacobson says. “It is such a blessing to be able to help people find and cultivate their creativity.”
Casa de Linda Art Studio’s Spring 2009 schedule includes:
• Basic Acrylic Painting for ages 10-Adult, ongoing and year around classes. Classes meet on Thursdays from 10am-12pm, 1-3pm, 3:30-5:50pm and 6-8pm. Also meets on Saturdays, from 10am-12pm and 1-3pm.
• Yes, You Can Draw! 4-week course for ages 14-adult, scheduled for February. Night course meets on Wednesdays from 6:30-9:30pm starting Feb. 4. A day course will be held on Fridays, from 9:30am-12pm starting Feb. 6.
• Paint Along with Ms. Linda, a 4-week painting course for children ages 8-12. Meets Wednesdays after school starting on Feb. 4. Topic is “Seascapes and Sunsets.” Another “Paint Along” course will be held in April and topic will be “Cats-N-Dogs.”
• Spring Break Art Camp for ages 7-12, March 23-26. Parents can choose between morning, afternoon or full-day camps.
• Experimental Painting, a 5-week course for ages 16-adult. Meets Friday mornings, 9am-12pm starting on April 15.
Seating in limited in all classes. Fees vary. For more information, call 830-624-5302 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.