Here are a few tips for selecting that right builder when you decide to build or remodel. So in your search for a builder, you want to make sure you and the builder are compatible. Here are a few things to look for:
• How many years have they been doing business?
• How involved will the builder be in the construction?
• Do they want to be involved in the design stages?
• What style, size, trend, green, will they want to incorporate?
• How flexible are they in changing plans during construction and how do they handle?
• How does the builder communicate with the owners?
• Can you talk with some of the prior home owners?
• If you call the prior owners, be sure to ask if they are happy with their construction.
• Was there any unpleasant experiences and if so, how did the issue get corrected?
• Is the builder on top of the latest trends and technologies?
• What does the builder warranty consist of?
Also remember when you are interviewing the builder and ask about the square footage, you might get several answers. Have them define under roof and actual living space. Track builders have somewhat of a set rate on building and the type of materials they use. Custom builders on the other hand have different rates depending on what you want in the house and normally use a bit higher end material. The builder will be glad to explain a Square foot cost price. Another good thing to do, pick your builder first before starting your architectural plans. A builder can assist you with ideas and opportunities on the future plans. Might be able to roll in those plan cost too.
On a final note, always make sure you have selected a builder that you feel good with. It is also a plus to select a local builder, to help promote the economic development of your area. Check those references too.
For ALL Your Real Estate and Building needs or questions, call Debbie at (713)818-6658 or
(830) 833-4249 or by e-mail at email@example.com