The faculty at BHS trusts that you have had a great summer. It’s hard to believe that the start of school is almost upon us. The staff at BHS encourages students to be involved in numerous activities and make a commitment to academic achievement. The list of accomplishments by the students of BHS this past year was amazing and this was made possible through parents’ guidance and students’ efforts. Also, we were able to reach our goal of 96% attendance for 2011-2012 school year. Increases in attendance have occurred the past five consecutive years. Our emphasis will be to ensure that we have a relentless focus on learning and this focus is embedded into everything we do.
General Information Regarding Back to School:
• School day runs from 8: 00am – 3:35pm.
• Parents please pickup students after school at the front entrance.
• Student schedules will be handed out the first day of school, so please arrive a few minutes early.
• Supply lists will be handed out the first day of school.
• Open House – Wednesday September 5th 6:00pm – Freshman Parent Meeting 6:30pm – All Parents
A Few Important Items Regarding Dress Code and School Rules:
• All backpacks must be “see-through” or mesh.
• Boys’ hair length shall not extend over the eyes and ears and not be longer than dress shirt collar length. Hair color and styles for both girls and boys are to be of an acceptable nature. Extreme hair colors are not permitted.
• Girls may wear earrings, but both girls and boys may not have visible facial or body jewelry.
• Clothing that is ripped or torn will not be permitted, this includes jeans that are purchased that already have holes.
• No iPods, MP3 Players, electronic devices, or games are allowed at school.
In 2012-2013 my message to faculty and students of BHS is to dream, believe, achieve and succeed! If you have any questions about the upcoming school year don’t hesitate to stop by or call 833-4337.