Seventeen days and counting to Blanco’s annual Trash-Off Event. This will be the 14th Trash-Off and 7th River Clean-up in as many years. On Saturday morning, April 13, volunteers will be hard at work picking up litter and trash along our streets. Keep Blanco Beautiful can use more volunteers. Call Retta Martin at 830-833-4720 to sign-up to help.
The City Yard will be open the week before the Trash-off event (April 8-12) for those with vouchers (picked up at City Offices) to drop off large items cluttering property. Hours of operation will be normal City Business hours. Now is the time to get rid of that old kitchen sink, broken highchair and other junk we all have around our homes. Save the tires for the county-wide event on the 27th!
If you are unable to cart your items to the city yard yourself, several men in the community have volunteered their time, pick-ups (and gas) and flatbeds to come to your house and help you on Saturday, April 13. If you are elderly, disabled, a single Mom, or pick-upless here is what you need to do.
• Go to the city office and get a yellow voucher.
• Get your name and address on the list(otherwise the volunteers won’t know you need help) at the City Offices or call Martha at 830-833-0586.
• Have your items on the roadside early Saturday morning, April 13. The volunteers will be around between 8 and 11 a.m.
• Place the yellow voucher on your stuff.
• Thank the volunteers when you see them working hard to keep our city beautiful.
We also need to thank the National Sponsors of the 2013 Great America Cleanup and our local sponsors who so generously give so 14th Annual Trash-Off and 7th River Clean-up events can be so successful.