On April 26, 2014 Blanco County residents will have the opportunity to dispose of their large household trash items at the Blanco County – Progressive Waste Transfer Station. The event location is at 377 Transfer Road (between Johnson City and Blanco) and trash items will be accepted from 8am until 3pm.
Household quantities of tires, lead acid and rechargeable batteries, electronics (including cell phones, telephones, computers, and televisions), motor oil, and antifreeze will be accepted. In addition, large household trash items including construction debris, carpet, old appliances, mattresses, and scrap steel and metal will be accepted. Although volunteers are taking the majority of items free-of-charge, any citizens disposing of tires will be asked to pay based on the disposal fee as
• Tubes - $2.00 per tire
• Passenger and Light Truck Tires up to 20 Inches - $4.00 per tire
• 19.5/Skid Steer - $6.00 per tire
• Semi Truck - $8.00 per tire
• Passenger and Light Truck Tires with Rim - $5.00 per tire
• Semi Truck with Rim - $18.00 per tire
• Split Rim - $20.00 per tire
• Tractor Tires will be priced according to the last 2 digits of the size of the tire. Examples: Tractor Tires 19.5-24 Inches - $29.00 per tire, Tractor Tires 19.5-38 Inches - $40.00 per tire.
• Any tires larger will be priced on site.
In addition, tax-deductible donations will also be accepted. Community involvement is an important key to keeping Blanco County communities clean and safe. If you are interested in making a tax-deductible donation, volunteering or have questions, Paul Granberg at 830-385-4195.