The Blanco County Cat Coalition appreciates all of those who attended the fundraiser at Gardo’s on River Road outside of New Braunfels last Saturday, March 21. Earl Hunter and Linda Collard hosted a music venture featuring Erik Moll, Steve Carter and surprise guest musician Ponty Bone! The Caliche Boys from San Marcos closed the night with local fun and dance music to boot.
Jane Sophia and family offered their beautiful place on the Guadalupe River as the gathering spot. “It was very fun to be able to present Stacy Kamas and Carol Schlachter with over $400 for the Blanco County Cat Coalition’s trap, neuter and return program.
The Blanco County Cat Coalition is a Texas Non-Profit Corporation. The purpose of this group is to promote the welfare of cats in the Blanco County, Texas area by:
1) Humanely, trapping, sterilizing, vaccinating, testing for FIV Aids & Leukemia, and returning and feeding feral cats. If any cat has FIV Aids or Leukemia, it will humanely be put down.
2) Humanely trapping, “socializing”, and finding responsible owners for feral cats and kittens.
3) Educating the public about humanely controlling the number of feral cats.
4) Educating the public about maintaining the health of pet cats.
5) Establishing a “no kill” animal shelter.
6) Other activities or actions as are reasonably related to the foregoing purposes.
“They have done so much to help our feral cat situation at Rose’s River Ranch,” stated Linda. Friends of the Blanco County Cat Coalition remarked, “We had what one might call “a Purr-fectly wonderful evening.”