Lindendale School House has been presented with a vintage style painting from BHS Art teacher Perry Kuebel and BHS Senior student Trent Dechert. Trent was given the assignment to reproduce a painting of our first President George Washington to be displayed in the one hundred year old school house which is used as the Lindendale Community gathering place on FM 1888. Trent is a sixth generation 'Dechert' descendant of one of the founding families of the rural school in the mid 1800's. Lindendale is located twenty-four miles northeast of Boerne on FM 1888 in Kendall County. The Amos Valentine Gates family arrived and established an orchard with numerous varieties of fruit trees at the headwaters of the Blanco River in 1864. A few miles down river, J. C. Hoge donated five acres with a log cabin for the Mount Glen school, which was later renamed Lindendale. The school had one teacher and twenty-seven students in 1905. It served the Lindendale area until the district was consolidated with the Blanco ISD and students commuted to Blanco in 1948. The old wood frame white school house is currently used for monthly potluck/meetings for members and residents in the area. This gift from Ms. Kuebel and Trent Dechert was inspired by a letter from a Lindedale ex-student Mrs. Evelyn Love Greebon age eighty-nine. Unable to attend she had sent a letter to be read for the Sesquicentennial Reunion which was held in August of this year. Among memories of the old school house was the painting of George Washington which was no longer present. The new but vintage look painting displayed in an old wood frame will hang proudly in the building that is in the process of raising funds for restoration. It is meant to honor those who attended and to help promote patriotism and love for our great county the United States of America. LET FREEDOM RING.
- Published Nov. 18, 2015