Johnson City invites you to enjoy the springtime ambiance and wildflowers of the Texas Hill Country by joining our annual Wildflower celebration.
Wildflower Days springs into action Saturday and Sunday, April 19 and 20, from 9am to 5pm.
This Wildflower Days celebration is one of the most natural wonders in the Texas Hill Country with Johnson City, Texas, right in the middle of all of the beauty! Each year, the Texas Hill Country is flooded with nature enthusiasts looking for the best wildflower sightings, photo opportunities and local Hill Country activities.
This year’s event is particularly important as we remember Lady Bird Johnson and her passion for wildflowers, join with the Lyndon B. Johnson National Historical Park to honor our 36th President, in his centennial birthday celebration, and participate in Blanco County’s year-long Sesquicentennial (see: http://blancocounty150.com).
Our Wildflower Days venue includes:
• A Farmer’s Market with food, plant and product vendors, historic & interesting homes and gardens tours, wildflower tour maps, live music, arts and crafts, t-shirts and special photography workshops.
• Homes and gardens on the tour (10am to 2pm) include the Barnwell House, The Fawcett House, The Pearl Hotel, The Settlement Log Cabin and the Chantilly Lace Country Inn.
• Listen to a variety of live music during our two day event.
• We’re in lavender country, so expect also to see lavender.
• Bring your camera and consider taking a wildflower photography workshop with some of our local experts.
• Check out our 19th century classic Texas court house square. Bring a blanket and enjoy the court house lawn.
• Discover the great shops and historical sites around town.
• We are a growing Texas art center and we have excellent art galleries that will have a focus on wildflowers.
Take in the LBJ National Park: In Johnson City, see the LBJ Boyhood Home, visit the Johnson family pioneer home in the Settlement, and enjoy a wonderful time at the LBJ Visitors Center where the history of LBJ is presented in artifacts, movies, tours and more. The LBJ Ranch and Texas White House are only 14 miles west of our Visitors Center in Johnson City.
Come relax among the gorgeous wild flowers, fresh air and welcoming folk. There will be fun activities for the whole family, all in a relaxing Hill Country setting. Not to be missed!
Johnson City is located at the intersection of Hwy 281 and 290, west of Austin, north of San Antonio and Blanco, south of Marble Falls, and east of Fredericksburg.
Sponsored by the Johnson City Chamber of Commerce: 830-868-7684.
See more event details at: www.JohnsonCityTexasChamber.com.
Inquiries to: info@JohnsonCityTexasChamber.com
Event Chairperson: Jan Clemons at 830-868-2600; email@example.com.
Contact Jan if you are interested in participating in any of the events or volunteering.