Public records information is compiled by Charles Willgren from reports filed at the Blanco Police Department, Blanco County Sheriff’s Office, Blanco Volunteer Fire Department, Blanco County Clerk, District Clerk, and Justices of the Peace offices.
Justice of the Peace, Precinct 1, Criminal Cases
Convictions will not appear this week.
Justice of the Peace, Precinct 4, Criminal Cases
• Arthur Dean Robinson, of Comfort, was fined $485.60 for no proof of liability insurance on Oct 16, 2004 (SO).
• William W. Ranck, Jr., of Fredericksburg, was fined $245.00 for speeding on Feb 4, 2007 (DPS).
• Amber Leann Ubernosky, of San Marcos, was fined $213.90 for displaying an expired driver’s license on Nov 25, 2004 (CVE).
• Amber Leann Ubernosky, of San Marcos, was fined $485.60 for failure to display liability insurance on Nov 25, 2004 (CVE).
• Granville E. Tackett, of Copperas Cove, was fined $214.00 for speeding on Jan 25 (DPS).
• Rebecca A. Casbo, of Horseshoe Bay, was fined $166.00 for speeding on Jan 21 (DPS).
• John Allen Carson, of Spring Branch, was fined $348.00 for no liability insurance on Oct 15, 2007 (DPS).
• Steven Allen Bray, of Boerne, was fined $144.00 for expired motor vehicle inspection sticker on Sep 28, 2007 (DPS).
• Jami Greenhaw, of Blanco, was fined $198.00 for open container on Apr 29, 2007 (DPS).
Blanco Police Reports
These reports were filed between Feb 28 and Mar 5.
• Animal Complaint. 10:05 AM. A dog on 13th St. reportedly attempted to bite the caller.
• Traffic Hazard. 4:39 PM. A caller reported that someone had had a blowout in front of the Blanco Tire Shop. Blanco Volunteer Fire Department removed the debris from the road.
• Harassment. 6:00 PM. An officer went to a subject’s house to handle the reported harassment.
• Motorist Assist. 8:50 AM. A vehicle at Strickland Drugs needed a jump.
• Suspicious Subjects. 9:40 AM. Four subjects on the Square were reportedly going from business to business, asking for money.
• Medical Emergency. 10:49 AM. Possible heart attack on RR 165. An officer assisted on the call.
• Juvenile Complaint. 1:00 PM. An altercation reportedly occurred at the high school and the principal requested an officer to speak with the individuals involved. The officer issued two citations.
• Juvenile Complaint. 5:15 PM. Kids were reportedly banging on the caller’s window.
• Information. 6:21 PM. A TABC officer requested back-up from a Blanco PD officer at Super S.
• Alarm. 4:45 AM.
• Reckless Driver. 11:41 AM. Pickup on US 281, northbound.
• Reckless Driver. 3:10 PM. Vehicle on US 281 reportedly driving on the shoulder.
• Reckless Driver. 4:18 PM. An officer spotted the vehicle described and followed it through town. The driver was not driving recklessly at the time.
• Verbal Disturbance. 2:09 AM. A gas station employee and a customer were disputing the amount of gas pumped and how much the customer owed. The responding officer reported that the cashier had made an error (with Blanco Co. SO).
• Deer in Road. 9:52 PM. A deer was reportedly on RR 1623, just past the high school. The deer was hard to see; an officer removed it from the road.
• Disturbance. 12:07 AM. Caller received threats. Officers responded to the scene and arrested one subject (with Blanco Co. SO).
• Livestock Complaint. 7:20 AM. Black sheep reported on Loop 163, near the vet clinic.
• Criminal Mischief. 9:37 AM. A vehicle reportedly hit some trash cans along River Run.
• Reckless Driver. 6:26 PM. Pickup on US 281 at Blanco Ave.
Blanco County Sheriff’s Office Reports
These reports were filed between Feb 28 and Mar 5.
• Traffic Hazard. 8:50 AM. An 18-wheeler reportedly broke down on US 281 at 962 East. An officer reported that the truck was off the roadway.
• Suspicious Person. 1:26 PM. Three male subjects on US 290 West were asking for rides to different locations. The subjects got a ride to Fredericksburg.
• Prisoner Transport. 3:07 PM. One inmate taken to Kerr County.
• Traffic Accident. 9:50 PM. A vehicle reportedly ran through a fence off 962 East and into a pasture.
• Loose Livestock. 6:15 AM. A black calf was reportedly grazing in a bar dietch on RR 2766.
• Suspicious Person. 12:24 PM. A truck was reportedly stopping at houses to sell driveway paving.
• Prisoner Transfer. 1:08 PM. One inmate transported to Comal County.
• Phone Harassment. 1:55 PM. A male subject was reportedly calling the caller’s cell phone. The caller did not know who was calling.
• Reckless Driver. 3:21 PM. A truck was reportedly driving at a high rate of speed in a no passing zone on US 281. DPS was notified.
• Suspicious Vehicle. 12:18 AM. A truck made a loud noise, waking the caller. An officer responded and found no property damage.
• Motorist Assist. 11:55 AM. A motorist possibly needed assistance with a tire change on US 290 East but the officer was unable to find the subject.
• Phone Harassment. 1:50 PM. An individual keeps calling and making demands.
• Stranded Motorist. 4:23 PM. A vehicle was stranded in the roadway on US 281 at US 290. An officer stood by while the vehicle was fixed.
• Suspicious Activity. 6:36 PM. A caller reported explosions. An officer was unable to locate the source.
• Information. 6:46 PM. Caller had information for an officer.
• Reckless Driver. 2:24 AM. A caller on US 281, south toward Blanco, reported a small car traveling on the wrong side of the road at high speed. Johnson City PD and Blanco PD joined to locate the vehicle. An officer found the vehicle on RR 1623 with two subjects passed out inside; both were arrested.
• Suspicious Person. 7:20 PM. A subject on US 290 West and Tow Head Rd. was given a ride to a hotel in Johnson City to spend the night.
• Citizen Assist. 10:40 PM. A subject was given a ride from US 290 West to the Gillespie County line.
• Loose Livestock. 10:00 AM. A cow was reported on RR 32.
• Courtesy Ride. 10:10 AM. An officer gave a subject a ride to Johnson City from the Gillespie County line.
• Medical Emergency. 12:48 PM. Unattended death reported.
• Alarm. 3:23 PM. Residential.
• Alarm. 8:20 AM. Residential.
• Burn Ban Violation. 12:24 PM. An officer issued a citation for a burn ban violation.
• Suspicious Person. 8:43 AM. An officer met with the caller. Everything was OK.
• Transport. 2:34 PM. An officer transported a subject to Stonewall.
• Loose Livestock. 2:44 PM. Calves out on RR 1623 at Clear Creek.
• Theft/Burglary. 3:05 PM. Items taken from residence. Report filed.
• Inmate Doctor’s Appointment. 3:20 PM.
• Traffic Hazard. 4:02 PM. A truck was reportedly stalled on US 290 West.
• Burglary of Habitation. 4:05 PM. A residence was reportedly broken into. Officers began an investigation and collecting evidence.
• Minor Traffic Accident. 6:23 PM. Two-vehicle accident reported on CR 412 at Ludlow Lane. No injuries occurred and an EMS was not needed. Wrecker requested.