• UpDate Blanco: What is Going On?, a town hall meeting sponsored by the Blanco Woman's Club will be held from 7:00 p.m. To 9:00 p.m. at the Old Blanco County Courthouse. Featured at this meeting, open to the public for no charge, will be presentations from eight community projects that have a significant impact on our community. Projects include the new library plans, Blanco State Park programs, Gem of Hills aquatic center, Oral History project, The Second Mile: Youth Rec Center, Sesquicentenniel Events, Chamber of Commerce, and the old School Renovation project. For information call 833-5774 or 833-4868. Refreshments, Door prizes.
• American Cancer Society- Blanco County Relay for Life Johnson City,TX - Johnson City football stadium-7:p.m.-7:00a.m. Cancer survivor dinner- 5:00p.m. Cancer survivor lap-7:00p.m. Luminaria Ceremony- 10:00p.m. For more info visit http://events.cancer.org/rflblancocotx or call Kasi Baker at 210-415-9591.
April 19-20, 2008
• Johnson City, Texas Wildflower Days - The Spirit of the Hill Country. Wildflower photo workshop, interaction with Master Gardeners, rainwater demos, historic home and garden tour, farmer's market with food and product vendors, arts and crafts booths, live music, wildflower touring maps! 830-868-7684. www.johnsoncitytexaschamber.com
• Cajun Music & Food Festival sponsored by the Cajun French Music Assn. Of San Antonio, at Anhalt Hall, Anhalt, Texas. 3 Cajun Bands, Dance Lessons (10-11am) Ed Gary & Cajun Aces (11am-3pm) Austin Cajun Aces (3-7pm), Gary Bertrand (7-11pm). Cooking demonstrations by Al Simon Cajun Microwaves. FOOD, FUN, BEER, WINE, or BYOB. Admission to grounds $8.00, under 12 free, free parking. For information call 210-240-2456. www.defatrascajun.com
• Old Blanco County Courthouse Preservation Society Gala, Dance, Dinner, Raffle, and Silent Auction. 830-833-2211
• National Day of Prayer for Victims of Child Abuse
• Blanco JR/SR Prom.
• Washer Pitching Tournament to be held at Yett Memorial Park as part of the Blanco Rodeo Association-Tiny West Memorial PBR Bull Riding. Registration starts @ 11:30am, and the tournament will start at 1:00pm. $20.00 per team. Come join the fun.
• Blanco Project Graduation will host Spring Golf Tournament at Vaaler Golf Course (Rocking J Ranch). For more information visit www.blancograds.com.
• The Blanco County Cat Coalition will meet on Thursday May 8th, 6:30 at the Blanco Library. In addition to our regular meeting we will be discussing Rose’s River Ranch Music on the River fund raiser. The Blanco County Cat Coalition is a non-profit organization dedicated to addressing the problem of the feral cat population in Blanco County by using the proven method of Trap Spay/Neuter Return, or TNR. The BCCC is in need of donations and volunteers to continue its work in Blanco County. For more information about the coalition call Dora Brown at 868-2264.
• 20th Annual Blanco Classic Car Show, Blanco State Park, 10:30am – 3:30pm. Call Dobie Benson, 830-833-5348.
• Blanco High School Class of 2008 will graduate.
• 4th Annual Blanco Lavender Festival, Classes & Demos, Vendors on the Square, Maps to Lavender Farms, Local Artists, Music. Call Blanco Chamber of Commerce, 830-833-5101. blancolavenderfestival.com.