Public records information is compiled by Charles Willgren from reports filed at the Blanco Police Department, Blanco County Sheriff’s Office, Blanco Volunteer Fire Department, Blanco County Clerk, District Clerk, and Justices of the Peace offices.
Justice of the Peace, Precinct 1, Criminal Cases
Convictions will not appear this week.
Justice of the Peace, Precinct 4, Criminal Cases
• Madeline Ann Briones, of Spring Branch, was fined $148.00 for unsafe speed on Feb 27 (DPS).
• Dannie Carl Langham, of Kingsland, was fined $148.00 for driving without valid motor vehicle inspection on Jan 13 (DPS).
• Felipe Miranda, of Nacogdoches, was fined $327.00 for driving without liability insurance on Feb 6 (DPS).
• Jose Raul Meza-Trejo, of Blanco, was fined $567.00 for violating the burn ban on Mar 4 (SO).
• Paul Mitchell Mebane, of Boerne, was fined $172.00 for speeding on Mar 8 (DPS).
• Christopher Howard Martin, of Dripping Springs, was fined $148.00 for displaying expired motor vehicle inspection on Jan 28 (CVE).
• Debra Houser Bruchmiller, of Driftwood, was fined $148.00 for unsafe speed on Mar 6 (DPS).
Blanco Police Reports
These reports were filed between Apr 10 and Apr 16.
• Noise Complaint. 1:15 PM. Very loud chickens and roosters were reported at a residence; however, there isn’t a city ordinance against the animals.
• Suspicious Circumstances. 4:35 PM. A caller reported trash on the property from the neighbor’s construction.
• Motorist Assist. 10:55 PM. A vehicle ran out of gas at the entrance to the apartments on Jones Ave.
• Suspicious Circumstances. 1:36 PM. A subject discharged a firearm from a vehicle. The caller yelled at the person, who then left.
• Information. 3:20 PM.
• Possible Assault. 3:32 PM. EMS requested an officer come to a location of a possible assault.
• Suspicious Persons. 11:52 PM. Two people were walking in a parking lot.
• Minor Traffic Accident. 9:56 AM. A vehicle backed into another on Jones Ave.
• Road Hazard. 11:45 AM. A car was parked in the middle of the road at 8th and Elm.
• Suspicious Circumstances. 1:39 AM. Five gunshots were heard near Mesquite St.
• Reckless Driver. 3:39 PM. A car was reportedly driving all over the road on US 281 but an officer reported that the driver was driving well.
• Minor Traffic Accident. 6:52 PM. Iron Horse Saloon. The responding officer reported that someone had hit a motorcycle.
• Alarm. 9:06 PM. Express Care.
• Alarm. 9:13 PM. Blanco Valley.
• Alarm. 9:09 PM. Blanco Valley.
• Suspicious Circumstances. 11:20 PM. A caller from outside the county reportedly received a call from someone at a hotel in Blanco. Responding officers found the individual.
• Suspicious Circumstances. 2:06 AM. A subject was reportedly causing problems, not leaving a property. An officer released the subject to a family member.
• Phone Harassment. 12:06 PM. Blanco Middle School.
• Threats / Information / Civil Matter. 6:12 PM. A statement was taken from a subject about a snake left in a residence.
• Citizen Assist. 10:12 PM. Blanco Volunteer Fire Department assisted Blanco PD with lifting an individual.
• Alarm. 10:13 PM. Dollar General.
Blanco County Sheriff’s Office Reports
These reports were filed between Apr 10 and Apr 16.
• Smoke Investigation. 8:19 AM. An officer reported a controlled burn.
• Civil Standby. 10:36 AM. Child Protective Services requested a civil standby.
• Criminal Mischief. 11:03 AM. A barn was reportedly destroyed and the caller requested an officer to investigate. The responding officer reported that the damage was caused by wind.
• Identity Theft. 12:11 PM. Incident reported.
• Fire / Burn Ban Violation. 1:37 PM.
• Stolen Credit Card. 4:07 PM. A caller reported a stolen credit card.
• 911 Disconnected. 12:08 PM. A 911 operator received a call that went dead. An officer was unable to determine the location from where the call came.
• Loose Livestock. 12:30 PM. Six goats were out on RR 1323.
• Brush Fire. 1:23 PM. A controlled brush fire got out of control.
• Criminal Mischief. 1:58 PM. Burglary of a habitation reported.
• Smoke Investigation. 2:42 PM. Smoke reported from agricultural burns in Gillespie County.
• Loud Music. 7:44 PM. Loud music was reported at D&S Trailer Park.
• Deadly Conduct. 12:44 AM. A subject in a pickup reportedly ran over the caller. The subject was found in Bulverde, arrested, and turned over to Blanco County Sheriff’s Office.
• Fraud Investigation. 9:03 AM.
• Assault / Disturbance. 11:10 AM. An assault was reported on RR 165. Nine motorcyclists reportedly assaulted a subject and left him at the scene.
• Threat. 12:28 PM. A caller reported being threatened by another driver.
• Theft. 2:20 PM. An incident report was filed on the theft of property.
• Traffic Accident. 2:47 PM. On US 290 West, east of Hye, a traffic accident occurred involving two people on a motorcycle. One person was fatally injured in the accident (with Texas DPS).
• Suspicious Circumstances. 5:56 PM. Something suspicious was going on at the Exotic Zoo.
• Disturbance in Progress. 10:24 PM. Officers responded to a disturbance in Rust Ranch Estates. They met with a subject; everything appeared to be OK.
• Major Traffic Accident. 1:27 AM. A major traffic accident on US 290 in Hays County was reported. A vehicle was involved in the accident and had left the scene, heading toward US 281. The call was transferred to Hays County.
• 911 Transfer - Comal County. 2:23 AM.
• Stolen Vehicle. 1:20 PM. A subject took the caller’s vehicle. The officer stated that it was a civil matter.
• Animal Complaint. 10:05 PM. An elk was reported on US 290 East, by CR 202. An officer was unable to locate the animal.
• Possible Prowler. 1:43 AM. A caller reported someone trying to get into the residence. The officers reported that the call was unfounded.
• Loose Livestock. 7:09 AM. A steer was loose on Loop 163.
• Obscene Phone Calls. 8:54 AM.
• Agency Assist / Medical Emergency. 1:55 PM. Officers responded to a possible overdose. AirLife was requested.
• Loose Livestock. 2:37 PM. Two brown calves were in the middle of 473 East.
• Traffic Accident. 4:43 PM. Llano County notified Blanco County about an accident that occurred on 962 West, just inside the county line. The accident was on private property.
• Suspicious Person. 10:50 PM. A suspicious person was on the caller’s property. The responding officers could not find anyone.
• Agency Assist. 2:25 PM. Officers assisted in controlling a grass fire off US 290 West. The Texas Forest Service sent a bulldozer to assist.
• Information. 4:29 PM. A white pickup pulled into the caller’s driveway. The driver honked the horn and asked if the caller needed her driveway done. The caller wanted to report it. Officers were on the look out for the pickup.
• Alarm. 5:38 PM. Residential.
• Loose Exotic Animal. 7:52 PM. Seven or eight elk were reported our of the fence along US 281, near Ranches of Brushy Top.
• Inmate Transfer. 3:57 AM.
• Animal Complaint. 6:05 AM. A caller asked that an officer dispose of an animal.
• Citizen Assist. 6:08 AM. A vehicle ran out of gas in a lane of traffic on US 290 West. The Sheriff assisted with getting gas.
• Alarm. 8:50 AM. Residential.
• Mailbox Vandalism. 12:22 PM. A mailbox was damaged by what appeared to be a traffic accident.