• Old Blanco County Courthouse Preservation Society Gala, Dance, Dinner, Raffle, and Silent Auction. 830-833-2211
• National Day of Prayer for Victims of Child Abuse
• The Johnson City FFA chapter will be holding their Annual Rabies clinic from 3:00 to 6:00 pm in the high school agriculture shop. Dr. Paul Axtell from the Deer Creek Veterinary clinic will be providing his veterinary services at a discounted price Prices for this year’s clinic are Rabies $7.00, and Distemper and Parvo for dogs is $21.00. Leukemia/FVRCP for cats is $25.00. Deworming for dogs and cats is $5.00. Flea and tick medicine will also be available for sale. Please bring your cats in carriers and have a leash on your dogs. Please call the high school at 830-868-4025 and ask for Steven Meier or Myron Uecker if you have any questions regarding the clinic.
• Blanco JR/SR Prom.
• Washer Pitching Tournament to be held at Yett Memorial Park as part of the Blanco Rodeo Association-Tiny West Memorial PBR Bull Riding. Registration starts @ 11:30am, and the tournament will start at 1:00pm. $20.00 per team. Come join the fun.
• Blanco Project Graduation will host Spring Golf Tournament at Vaaler Golf Course (Rocking J Ranch). For more information visit www.blancograds.com.
• The Blanco County Cat Coalition will meet on Thursday May 8th, 6:30 at the Blanco Library. In addition to our regular meeting we will be discussing Rose’s River Ranch Music on the River fund raiser. The Blanco County Cat Coalition is a non-profit organization dedicated to addressing the problem of the feral cat population in Blanco County by using the proven method of Trap Spay/Neuter Return, or TNR. The BCCC is in need of donations and volunteers to continue its work in Blanco County. For more information about the coalition call Dora Brown at 868-2264.
• Vargas Cancer Benefit Fundraiser at Yett Park this will be an all day even.
• 20th Annual Blanco Classic Car Show, Blanco State Park, 10:30am – 3:30pm. Call Dobie Benson, 830-833-5348.
• Blanco High School Class of 2008 will graduate.
June 9-July 25
• FREE LUNCHES AND BREAKFAST FOR KIDS 1-18: Breakfast served from 7:30 to 8:00 a.m., each day at Blanco Elementary and High School. Lunch served at noon each day at Blanco Elementary and High School. All kids are welcome!
• 4th Annual Blanco Lavender Festival, Classes & Demos, Vendors on the Square, Maps to Lavender Farms, Local Artists, Music. Call Blanco Chamber of Commerce, 830-833-5101. blancolavenderfestival.com.