• The Johnson City FFA chapter will be holding their Annual Rabies clinic from 3:00 to 6:00 pm in the high school agriculture shop. Dr. Paul Axtell from the Deer Creek Veterinary clinic will be providing his veterinary services at a discounted price Prices for this year’s clinic are Rabies $7.00, and Distemper and Parvo for dogs is $21.00. Leukemia/FVRCP for cats is $25.00. Deworming for dogs and cats is $5.00. Flea and tick medicine will also be available for sale. Please bring your cats in carriers and have a leash on your dogs. Please call the high school at 830-868-4025 and ask for Steven Meier or Myron Uecker if you have any questions regarding the clinic.
May 1-June 5
• One Book, One Community Program. Blanco Library’s annual community book sharing begins. Book selection is “Listening Is an Act of Love” available for check out. Special exhibits, brown bag programs, community conversations, and film presentations throughout the month.
• Blanco JR/SR Prom.
• Washer Pitching Tournament to be held at Yett Memorial Park as part of the Blanco Rodeo Association-Tiny West Memorial PBR Bull Riding. Registration starts @ 11:30am, and the tournament will start at 1:00pm. $20.00 per team. Come join the fun.
• Blanco Project Graduation will host Spring Golf Tournament at Vaaler Golf Course (Rocking J Ranch). For more information visit www.blancograds.com.
•Make plans to attend the next meeting of the Blanco County Aggie Moms Clubat 4 p.m. in the home of Diane Hostetler, 1876 Rocky Rd. Plans for summer activities will be finalized. Please contact Diane Hostetler at 833-2085, President Tricia Hartmann at 833-1431, or Secretary Nickie Cox at 833-5023 if you need additional information.
• The Blanco County Cat Coalition will meet on Thursday May 8th, 6:30 at the Blanco Library. In addition to our regular meeting we will be discussing Rose’s River Ranch Music on the River fund raiser. The Blanco County Cat Coalition is a non-profit organization dedicated to addressing the problem of the feral cat population in Blanco County by using the proven method of Trap Spay/Neuter Return, or TNR. The BCCC is in need of donations and volunteers to continue its work in Blanco County. For more information about the coalition call Dora Brown at 868-2264.
• Rural Texas Women at Work l930-1960. Library’s Brown Bag Series continues on this day with opening of a photo exhibit from Humanities Texas , an oral history film, and a panel discussion by local women who lived through this era. Noon at the Blanco Library. This event is part of the One Book, One Community program entitled “My Story, Your Story, Our Story.”
• Vargas Cancer Benefit Fundraiser at Yett Park this will be an all day even.
• 20th Annual Blanco Classic Car Show, Blanco State Park, 10:30am – 3:30pm. Call Dobie Benson, 830-833-5348.
• BHS Class of 1998 10 Year Reunion. Uptown Blanco Restaurant. Please contact Pamela Spaeth at 214-965-9091 or email@example.com if you have not received your reunion information packet yet.
• “Growing Up in Blanco” Five local men discuss their boyhood times growing up together in our town. A round table conversation beginning at 7 p.m. in the Library as part of the “My Story, Your Story, Our Story” series of the One Book, One Community effort.
• Blanco High School Class of 2008 will graduate.
• “My Story, Your Story, Our Story” Presentation. Films from the Library’s Oral History Collection featuring locals talking about their lives in Blanco. Also, a dramatic retelling of the infamous Callahan-Blassingame Incident will salute the city’s 150th year. Beginning at 7 p.m. at The Learning Center. This program is the culmination of the Blanco Library’s One Book, One Community effort.
June 9-July 25
• FREE LUNCHES AND BREAKFAST FOR KIDS 1-18: Breakfast served from 7:30 to 8:00 a.m., each day at Blanco Elementary and High School. Lunch served at noon each day at Blanco Elementary and High School. All kids are welcome!
• 4th Annual Blanco Lavender Festival, Classes & Demos, Vendors on the Square, Maps to Lavender Farms, Local Artists, Music. Call Blanco Chamber of Commerce, 830-833-5101. blancolavenderfestival.com.