Pedernales Electric General Manager Juan Garza will be visiting local communities to meet with members in a series of forums being held throughout PEC’s service territory. Members are invited to attend the forums, which will be held between May 6-29 in Dripping Springs, Marble Falls, Kyle, Georgetown, Austin, Spring Branch/Bulverde area and Junction.
“Meeting with our members in a personal setting is a great opportunity to introduce myself and to answer firsthand any questions they may have,” Garza said. “I want members to know that PEC is open and eager to hear from the members and communities we serve.”
At each forum Garza will discuss PEC operations and challenges, and will participate in a question-and-answer session. Dates for the forums are as follows:
· May 6, Dripping Springs City Hall (City Council Chambers), 511 Mercer St., Dripping Springs, 7-8:30 p.m.
· May 8, Lakeside Pavilion in Lakeside Park, 307 Buena Vista Drive, Marble Falls, 7-8:30 p.m.
· May 13, St. Anthony’s Catholic Church, 801 N. Burleson, Kyle, 7-8:30 p.m.
· May 15, Williams Elementary School, 507 E. University Ave., Georgetown, 7-8:30 p.m.
· May 20, Hill Country Bible Church Northwest Auditorium, 12124 RR 620 N., Austin, 7-8:30 p.m.
· May 22, GVTC Communications Auditorium, 36101 FM 3159, Spring Branch/Bulverde area, 7-8:30 p.m.
· May 29, Junction National Bank Community Room, 701 Main St., Junction, 5:30-7 p.m.
Garza assumed duties as PEC General Manager in early February 2008. He began serving as Austin Energy General Manager in 2002 after two years as the city’s Director of Human Resources and Civil Services. He came to Austin from Corpus Christi where he served as City Manager from 1988 until 1996 and then entered the private business sector until his relocation to Austin.
Maps and directions to each of the forums are available at www.pec.coop or by calling toll-free at 1-888-554-4732.