On Friday, August 20, the Blanco United Methodist Church Youth Group is hosting a spaghetti dinner starting at 7:00pm. Tickets are $10 if purchased before August 15 and $12 if purchased at the door Friday night, August 20. All proceeds are to help youth pay for their way to all Blanco United Methodist Church-sponsored youth activities.
Just to make clear, these activities are not just open to the youth of the Methodist Church, but to every youth from grade levels 6-12. Every year, the youth of the community have a chance to join in the many various events we offer.
This year, we have youth from our community who have taken part in two mission camps, one being here in our own community cleaning the graveyard and helping at the retirement centers, and the other in San Marcos helping repair homes for those who cannot afford it. They also had the chance to further their relationship with Christ by going to two church-based camps, one in the winter and one in the summer, which help the youth grow in their faith. Finally, we also took them to a Youth Rally where thousands of middle school and high school age youth came together in San Antonio for an intense Christian Rally.
These are not the only activities the youth take part in, but they are the major events we insist on taking them to every year, and it is hard for some of them to go. That is why we are putting on this fundraising dinner so you may have the chance to invest in the leaders of tomorrow today. You may pick tickets up from any BUMC youth or in the BUMC secretary’s office at 61 Pecan Street. Donations are also welcomed. Please make any check out to BUMC with the note “Youth.”
Also, every day, starting on August 15 at 3:30pm, Blanco United Methodist Church will be hosting activities for youth in the community who are entering grades 6 through 12. This week is known as the “Back 2 School Bash”, and was organized to give the youth a chance to have a little more fun before school starts. The event schedule goes like this:
• Sunday, August 15 - Rebecca Creek. Leaving from the church at 3:30pm, returning by 7:00pm. This event is free to anyone entering grades 6-12.
• Monday, August 16 - Paintball at Stunt Paintball in Austin. Leaving the church at 3:30pm, returning at 8:00pm. Pay by August 11, $45 if no equipment or $30 with own equipment; pay August 12 or later, $50 if no equipment or $35 with own equipment.
• Tuesday, August 17 - Floating the Comal at Texas Tubes in New Braunfels. Leaving the church at 4:00pm, returning at about 8:00pm. Pay by August 11, $20; pay August 12 or later, $25.
** If going to both paintball on Monday and tubing on Tuesday - Pay by August 11, $55 or pay August 12 or later, $60. Please make all checks out to BUMC with note “Youth Week.”
• Wednesday, August 18 - MY 12 at Blanco UMC. Starting at 6:30pm, ending at 7:00pm. This event is free to anyone entering grades 6-12.
• Thursday, August 19 - Movie Night at Blanco UMC. Starting at 9:00pm, ending at 12:00pm. This event is free to anyone entering grades 6-12.
• Friday, August 20 - Lock-in at Blanco UMC. Starting at 11:00pm, ending 8:00am Saturday, August 21. This event is free to anyone entering grades 6-12.