Blanco High School Academic Awards ceremony 7:00 at BHS Cafeteria.
Blanco Baseball will play Grape Creek (#4 in the state) in Fredericksburg at 7pm.
Blanco Baseball will play Grape Creek in Brownwood at 1:30 at Howard Payne University (if needed, game #3 will be 30 minutes after.)
• Vargas Cancer Benefit Fundraiser at Yett Park this will be an all day even.
• 20th Annual Blanco Classic Car Show, Blanco State Park, 10:30am – 3:30pm. Call Dobie Benson, 830-833-5348.
• BHS Class of 1998 10 Year Reunion. Uptown Blanco Restaurant. Please contact Pamela Spaeth at 214-965-9091 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have not received your reunion information packet yet.
• “Growing Up in Blanco” Five local men discuss their boyhood times growing up together in our town. A round table conversation beginning at 7 p.m. in the Library as part of the “My Story, Your Story, Our Story” series of the One Book, One Community effort.
• Blanco High School Class of 2008 will graduate.
• BCLMRA Lawn Mower Races - Eastview at Headwaters Ranch Road. Stock, Modified, SuperModified. Registration 12:00, races start at 2:00. For mower information and rules contact Steve Wertheim 830-3362172 or Jim Barbe 830-3363611. Spectators welcome - bring a chair. BCLMRA is also promoting local go-kart racing. Contact us if you are inetersted.
• “My Story, Your Story, Our Story” Presentation. Films from the Library’s Oral History Collection featuring locals talking about their lives in Blanco. Also, a dramatic retelling of the infamous Callahan-Blassingame Incident will salute the city’s 150th year. Beginning at 7 p.m. at The Learning Center. This program is the culmination of the Blanco Library’s One Book, One Community effort.
June 9-July 25
• FREE LUNCHES AND BREAKFAST FOR KIDS 1-18: Breakfast served from 7:30 to 8:00 a.m., each day at Blanco Elementary and High School. Lunch served at noon each day at Blanco Elementary and High School. All kids are welcome!
• 4th Annual Blanco Lavender Festival, Classes & Demos, Vendors on the Square, Maps to Lavender Farms, Local Artists, Music. Call Blanco Chamber of Commerce, 830-833-5101. blancolavenderfestival.com.