• “Growing Up in Blanco” Five local men discuss their boyhood times growing up together in our town. A round table conversation beginning at 7 p.m. in the Library as part of the “My Story, Your Story, Our Story” series of the One Book, One Community effort.
• First Annual Pointless Chili Cook Off Party, Albert, Texas-Saturday, May 24th, Bar hours 10:00am to 1:00am Cooks Registration 2:00pm, Fee $15.00 Cooks Dinner 5:00 pm, Sponsored by Raul Garcia, Sunday, May 25th, COOK THAT CHILI!! Bar hours 12 pm – 12 am Chili turn in 2:00 pm. This is not affiliated with any Chili Association or any association, No unnecessary rules. Rule one, No Beans, Rule two, No More Rules Live entertainment Jason Allen & Larry Martin Sweeney, for more information contact AlbertChili@yahoo.com
• Farewell to Charles-Going away bash to honor our outgoing editor, Charles Willgren. 6-8 at the Old Blanco County Courthouse grounds.
• Blanco High School Class of 2008 will graduate.
• BCLMRA Lawn Mower Races - Eastview at Headwaters Ranch Road. Stock, Modified, SuperModified. Registration 12:00, races start at 2:00. For mower information and rules contact Steve Wertheim 830-3362172 or Jim Barbe 830-3363611. Spectators welcome - bring a chair. BCLMRA is also promoting local go-kart racing. Contact us if you are inetersted.
• “My Story, Your Story, Our Story” Presentation. Films from the Library’s Oral History Collection featuring locals talking about their lives in Blanco. Also, a dramatic retelling of the infamous Callahan-Blassingame Incident will salute the city’s 150th year. Beginning at 7 p.m. at The Learning Center. This program is the culmination of the Blanco Library’s One Book, One Community effort.
June 6-July 18
• Blanco Library Summer Reading Program: Texas Summer Reading Club Jubilee! 1958-2008. The library will host entertainers and storytellers every Friday @10 am for Blanco children to come and enjoy! In addition, if your child reads 5 books, they will earn a free ticket to The Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus! Bonzo Crunch the clown will be at the Library on July 1st . Come one and come all! Contact: Christine Bailey, The Blanco Library Children’s Librarian. 833-4280.
June 9-July 25
• FREE LUNCHES AND BREAKFAST FOR KIDS 1-18: Breakfast served from 7:30 to 8:00 a.m., each day at Blanco Elementary and High School. Lunch served at noon each day at Blanco Elementary and High School. All kids are welcome!
• 4th Annual Blanco Lavender Festival, Classes & Demos, Vendors on the Square, Maps to Lavender Farms, Local Artists, Music. Call Blanco Chamber of Commerce, 830-833-5101. blancolavenderfestival.com.