Blanco ISD PTO has announced the launch of their 2010-2011 Box Tops for Education fundraising campaign. Last year’s campaign was a phenomenal success. The PTO purchased over $1,200 in new titles for the BISD libraries on all three campuses. This year, the school has set a goal of earning $1,500 through Box Tops to purchase library books for all three campuses.
Box Tops for Education is a school fundraising program started by General Mills in 1996. To date, Box Tops has helped America’s schools raise over $300 million to buy things they need but can’t always afford, such as library books, school supplies, and playground equipment.
School supporters can earn cash for their favorite school with Box Tops through everyday activities such as buying groceries, shopping online and buying books. Schools can earn a total of up to $80,000 each year.
Here’s how you can help:
• Clip Box Tops from hundreds of your favorite participating products and send them to any of the three BISD campuses or drop them off in collection boxes located at Super S Foods, the Public Library in Blanco, or Gem of the Hills.
• Sign up to support Blanco ISD on the Box Tops website at btfe.com
• Shop online: Blanco ISD will earn up to 15% of qualifying purchases when you shop at over 100 popular online stores at the Box Tops Marketplace®.
• Buy books: Blanco ISD will earn up to 6% of purchases made online at Barnes & Noble through the Box Tops Reading RoomSM.
• Help a classroom by purchasing needed items through the My Class Essentials™ registry.
For more information visit btfe.com or contact Melissa Blackburn, Blanco ISD PTO Box Tops Coordinator, at MelissaDBlackburn@gmail.com or 833-5475.