• Farewell to Charles-Going away bash to honor our outgoing editor, Charles Willgren. 6-8 at the Old Blanco County Courthouse grounds.
• Blanco High School Class of 2008 will graduate.
• BCLMRA Lawn Mower Races - Eastview at Headwaters Ranch Road. Stock, Modified, SuperModified. Registration 12:00, races start at 2:00. For mower information and rules contact Steve Wertheim 830-3362172 or Jim Barbe 830-3363611. Spectators welcome - bring a chair. BCLMRA is also promoting local go-kart racing. Contact us if you are inetersted.
• Hermann Sons Lodge #138 will meet at Twin Sisters School house on at 2:30 p.m.
• “My Story, Your Story, Our Story” Presentation. Films from the Library’s Oral History Collection featuring locals talking about their lives in Blanco. Also, a dramatic retelling of the infamous Callahan-Blassingame Incident will salute the city’s 150th year. Beginning at 7 p.m. at The Learning Center. This program is the culmination of the Blanco Library’s One Book, One Community effort.
June 6-July 18
• Blanco Library Summer Reading Program: Texas Summer Reading Club Jubilee! 1958-2008. The library will host entertainers and storytellers every Friday @10 am for Blanco children to come and enjoy! In addition, if your child reads 5 books, they will earn a free ticket to The Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus! Bonzo Crunch the clown will be at the Library on July 1st . Come one and come all! Contact: Christine Bailey, The Blanco Library Children’s Librarian. 833-4280.
June 9-July 25
• FREE LUNCHES AND BREAKFAST FOR KIDS 1-18: Breakfast served from 7:30 to 8:00 a.m., each day at Blanco Elementary and High School. Lunch served at noon each day at Blanco Elementary and High School. All kids are welcome!
Reservations for the Hill Country CattleWomen June Meeting deadline.
• 4th Annual Blanco Lavender Festival, Classes & Demos, Vendors on the Square, Maps to Lavender Farms, Local Artists, Music. Call Blanco Chamber of Commerce, 830-833-5101. blancolavenderfestival.com.
Hill Country CattleWomen June Meeting at 10AM Social, 10:30AM meeting in Junction, Texas at the Presbyterian Church, located on Hwy 377 South, 2 blocks off Main Street. The cost will be $14.00, includes BBQ Beef Lunch catered by Lum's BBQ. The Program Frederica Wyatt, Kimble County Historian. Hostesseswill be the CattleWomen of Junction/Menard Area, including Ft. McKavitt, Rocksprings and Roosevelt. The Hill Country Cattle Women welcomes you to join them, please call (830) 229-5604 for reservations.