How can you make your master bedroom an oasis? Your master bedroom is a place that should be relaxing, enjoyable, and an oasis. The question is how to make it an oasis. The following are some tips:
1. Keep it reserved as a bedroom. If you try to make it a bedroom slash home office, you will never be able to relax the way you should in your master bedroom because you will always be thinking about your work while in your room. So, one of the most important ways to make your master bedroom an oasis is to make sure it is reserved for activities that are meant to take place in the bedroom, not the office, kitchen, etc.
2. Choose soothing paint colors. Have you ever noticed when you go to a spa that the walls are painted soothing natural colors like greens, browns, beiges, etc.? Well, that is for a reason. Colors impact your feelings and choosing soothing colors for your bedroom can help you turn your bedroom into an oasis. Even if you love bright colors, you should try and keep them out of a bedroom. Why? Because it is difficult to relax in a room painted too colorfully. So, choose sage green, beige, lavender, or other softer, soothing colors for your walls. Do not leave your walls stark white either. If you like white walls, at least paint an accent wall to break things up and add some contrast.
3. Accent and decorate the room with things you love. Photos of your family, children, and pets are great accents for turning the master bedroom into an oasis because they are the things you love, and thus when you are in the room you will have happy thoughts. If you love reading, create a little nook just for pleasure reading, make sure it is well lit, and line it with book shelves. If you love television, movies, or gaming, create a space that allows for that, have a television, or something to do. However, remember, it is also a bedroom, and it is important to shut the world out sometimes, so have these items enclosable so you can shut a door and they are out of sight and out of mind. A beautiful armoire is a great way to hide a television and still maintain a beautiful classic looking room.
4. Use art. You can find pieces of art that speak to you and take you to another place. If you find such a piece, use it in your master bedroom. This will help make your bedroom an oasis.
5. Choose a theme. When you want to turn your bedroom into an oasis, it is important to let your mind and body rest and be at ease. If the items in your master bedroom do not go well together, you will have a difficult time relaxing. You want to choose a theme, a color scheme, etc. and every piece that is in your room should match this theme and scheme. This will help pull the room together and give it a more relaxing and peaceful feel.
6. Spend a little money. Most people leave their bedroom for last when decorating their home. The areas other people see seem more important because they are what you show off. However, making your master bedroom an oasis, somewhere you can go to relax and unwind is important. So, make it a priority. Spend some money to get it just right, and don’t be afraid to change things if they do not turn out the way you want them.
Information for this article was taken from homebuildingremodeling.com
For all your real estate and building needs or questions, call Debbie at 830-833-4249 / 713-818-6658 or debbie@ vallonerealestate.net. Offices located in the Historic Blanco Courthouse.