June 6-July 18
• Blanco Library Summer Reading Program: Texas Summer Reading Club Jubilee! 1958-2008. The library will host entertainers and storytellers every Friday @10 am for Blanco children to come and enjoy! In addition, if your child reads 5 books, they will earn a free ticket to The Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus! Bonzo Crunch the clown will be at the Library on July 1st . Come one and come all! Contact: Christine Bailey, The Blanco Library Children’s Librarian. 833-4280.
June 9-July 25
• FREE LUNCHES AND BREAKFAST FOR KIDS 1-18: Breakfast served from 7:30 to 8:00 a.m., each day at Blanco Elementary and High School. Lunch served at noon each day at Blanco Elementary and High School. All kids are welcome!
•Hill Country CattleWomen June Meeting at 10AM Social, 10:30AM meeting in Junction, Texas at the Presbyterian Church, located on Hwy 377 South, 2 blocks off Main Street. The cost will be $14.00, includes BBQ Beef Lunch catered by Lum's BBQ. The Program Frederica Wyatt, Kimble County Historian. Hostesses will be the CattleWomen of Junction/Menard Area, including Ft. McKavitt, Rocksprings and Roosevelt. The Hill Country Cattle Women welcomes you to join them, please call (830) 229-5604 for reservations.
June 18, 2008
• Full Moon Fish - Come fishing as evening falls and the full moon rises. Learn from experienced instructors about river habitat at night and how to make the most of it for great fishing. A limited amount of fishing equipment is available to borrow at the park headquarters or bring your own. Open to ages 6 and older. 7:30-9:30 p.m. (830) 833-4333.
June 20, 2008
•Friday Night Sunset Talks - Join local bat enthusiast, Judy Gaines, and our Interpretive Ranger for a brief talk on bats before heading over to watch as they emerge from their roost to begin their night of feeding. Check at park headquarters for location. 8-9 p.m. (830) 833-4333.
June 21, 2008
• Learn To Fish Family Fishing Day! - Learn basic fishing skills and safety through games, booths, and help from fishing experts. Then head down to the river to fish as a family. A limited amount of fishing equipment is available to borrow or you may bring your own. Open to ages 6 and older. 9 a.m.-noon (830) 833-4333.
June 28, 2008
• BHS Class of 1958 Reunion - Gem of the Hills at 11:00. For info call 833-4957 or 833-4728.