Registration for Blanco Elementary School will be Thursday, August 7th during the times of 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Please come during these hours.
The following information will be required:
1) Complete immunization record. Required shots: (a) DPT: Minimum of 4 doses, last dose must be after 4th birthday. (b) POLIO: Minimum of 3 doses, last dose must be after 4th birthday. (c) MMR: Two doses required. (d) HIB: One dose after 15 months. (e) HepB: 3 doses (f) VARICELLA: One dose after 1st birthday. (g) **Hep A:2 doses (h) **PCV7: 1 Dose after age 2 or 4 doses (4th dose after 1st birthday) ** Indicates Pre-Kindergarten Only.
2) A child must be 4 years of age on or before September 1 of the current school year to enter the Pre-K Program. A child must be 5 years of age on or before September 1 of the current school year to enter the Kindergarten Program.
3) Documentation for proof of identification (a) Birth Certificate (b) Driver’s license (c) Passport (d) School ID card, records, or report card (e) Hospital birth record (f) Adoption records (g) Church baptismal record
4) To qualify for the Pre-K program: A child must be four years of age on or before September 1 of the current school year and must be: + unable to speak and comprehend the English language; or + from a family whose income is at or below subsistence level as indicated by qualifying for the free or reduced lunch program. Proof of financial income can be: (a) W-2 (b) Income Tax Return (c) Check stub(s) from employer indicating a full month’s pay
5) The Texas Education Agency is asking that all students have a social security number. To get a social security card you must fill out an application at the social security office.
Other students new to Blanco may also register on this day. Immunization records will be required. Please bring report cards and/or other records from the student’s previous school.