Ask yourselves the following questions:
1. What do you do to further God’s Kingdom every day? (Help others to know Jesus?)
2. What do you do to help YOURSELF every day? (Is what you’re doing helping your life on earth or in heaven?)
3. What do you do to help yourself spiritually? Do you plant mercy, forgiveness, compassion, peace and love? (To come back to you, so you can harvest it for yourself?)
4. Do you tell God you love Him, and stand up for Jesus by speaking out loud God’s word? (Wielding/sharing (God’s Word) the sword of the Spirit?) (Or do you hide your Christianity?)
1.Jesus said in Matthew 28:18-20 - “18And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
Paul said in 2 Corinthians 5:16-21 - “16 So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer.
17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! 18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19 that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. 20 We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God. 21 God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.”
2. Jesus said in John 6:27 - 27 Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. On him God the Father has placed his seal of approval.”
He also said in John 6:63 - 63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life.
Are you reborn? In John 3:5 - 5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
3. Jesus said in Luke 6:31 - “And as you would like and desire that men would do to you, do exactly so to them.”
And in Matthew 6:15 - “15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses; and also Luke 6:35 35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.”
Paul said in Galatians 6:7-10 - “7Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. 8 The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. 9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. 10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.”
4. Finally, Jesus said in John 4:23 “23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.”
Micah 6:8 - “He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.”