Blanco County News
Weather Partly Cloudy 84.0°F (41%)
Remember When...
A Look Back at Blanco County History
Wednesday, December 10, 2008 • Posted December 9, 2008 10:00 PM

Dulling, Whitis to wed

December 7, 1988

Dr. Leslie R. Dulling and Mary Lynn Whitis will wed the afternoon of December 10 at San Marcos Christian Fellowship.

Dr. Dulling resides in San Marcos, where he is an optometrist. He also has an optometric practice in Blanco.

Mr. Whitis, a former resident, lives in Kyle.

No Barbecue Or Bake Sale

December 6, 1968

Laboring under an erroneous impression, last week we announced a Chamber of Commerce Barbecue and Bake Sale.

This event will not take place during the month of December.

Pancake breakfast to benefit Booster Club

December 7, 1988

Get ready for some delicious home-cooked pancakes, sausage, and fresh brewed coffee this Sunday morning at Trinity Lutheran Church,

This All Sports Booster Club is sponsoring a pancake breakfast from 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. this Sunday December 11. Bring your appetites for all you can eat pancakes for just $2.50 for adults and $1.50 for children.

You’ll get some great food, and you will be helping support our boys and girls in athletics.

Local Mason installed as district deputy grand master

December 7, 1988

Michael L. Smith, Secretary of Blanco Lodge #216, A.F. & A.M. was installed District Deputy Grand Master of Masonic District 50W on December 3rd at ceremonies at Grand Lodge in Waco.

He will be the liaison between the Grand Master and his district, which is composed of the following lodges, Blanco 216, Johnson City 561, Wimberley 1445, Rambo 426 in Dripping Springs, and Onion Creek 220, Hill City 456 and University 1190 in Austin.

Legion To Meet

December 6, 1968

The American Legion Post announces that their annual Christmas dinner will be held Saturday, December 14, at 7:00 p.m. in the school cafetoruim.

All Legion members and families are urged to attend.

Friends foil fire

December 8, 1978

Blanco – Quick work by neighbors extinguished a 14th Street house fire Saturday morning, keeping it to only minor damage, within the less than the Blanco Volunteer Department to arrive on the scene.

The blaze occurred about 11:00 a.m. at the Ben Richardson home and was confined to the living room.

Fire Marshal Leroy Weirich reported the blaze as being caused by a faulty extension cord, apparently being used for Christmas lighting or decorations.

This article has been read 115 times.
Comments
Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of Blanco County News. Comments are moderated and will not appear immediately.
Comments powered by Disqus